Even when positions are not available, we encourage inquiries from certified Montessori teachers or students currently under going Montessori teacher training.
You are always welcome to submit your resumes for consideration.
Please contact us for more information and thank you for considering Lectura Montessori School.
LEAD CERTIFIED PRIMARY TEACHER (3 TO 6)
Position: Full – Time
Lectura Montessori School is an AMS affiliated school with a toddler and pre-k program. We are a family owned business serving the community since 2009 with a fully certified Montessori lead teaching staff. Our staff believes that children absolutely come first. Our educational programs are based on the Montessori educational curriculum.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Montessori primary teacher to oversee our 3 to 6 program. Our ideal teacher has strong leadership and class room management skills, is an excellent communicator and can motivate and inspire children. The teaching responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Our Montessori Certified Teachers...
• Are caring, compassionate and love children
• Are accountable for the delivery of an authentic Montessori program.
• Supervise the classroom, helping the children to think creatively, to solve problems independently and respect themselves and others.
• Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day.
• Guide children in self-motivated learning, helping stimulate their natural desire to learn.
• Are responsible for reporting challenges, successes and competencies of each student to the Director or to parents on a regular basis.
• Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards.
• Communicate directly with parents and prospective parents to achieve success for the child.
• Have countless advancement opportunities through our on-going training and expansive network of centers and brands.
• Are rewarded with hugs from children and praise from parents every day!
We are looking for candidates who are as passionate about the growth and development of the precious children in our care as we are. We are most interested in talking to applicants who have:
• Montessori Certification
• Experience working in a licensed childcare facility, preferably a Montessori school
• Associate’s degree, AMS/AMI or a MACTE accredited training certificate
• Impeccable references and a proven track record of caring and nurturing children to provide them with a great start to their educational careers
• The ability to meet state and/or accreditation r requirements for education and experience
• Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
2 + years of Montessori teaching experience
Primary Montessori Certification (3 to 6)
Bachelor’s Degree (Masters a plus) in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education or related field
All interested parties should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call
LEAD CERTIFIED TODDLER TEACHER (0 TO 3)
Position: Full - Time
We have an immediate position available for an experienced Lead Toddler Teacher. A Montessori toddler certificate is required. Spanish speaking is also a bonus, but not required. All applicants must have 2 + years of experience leading a Montessori toddler classroom. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for working with infant / toddlers.
Hours: 40+ per week. Compensation is competitive per level of experience. Paid vacation and holidays
Visit our school website for additional information on Lectura Montessori Schools program. www.lecturamontessorischool.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
Teach the Montessori toddler curriculum
Ensure children are supervised at all times
Develop individual lesson plans for each child
Plan and implement Montessori activities to meet the physical,
emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
Establish Montessori routines and provide positive guidance.
Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel safe and comfortable.
Keeps accurate records of what the children do all day
Train and supervise teacher assistant within the classroom.
Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
Ensure equipment and the facility is clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
Maintain communication with parents of their child's progress.
Attend all weekly monthly staff meetings
Maintains confidential student, parent and/or school information in accordance to school policies.
Performs all such related and non-related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalent. (CPR) and First Aid certified. Bachelor’s degree is a bonus. Two-year or Four-year degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent experience working with children. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to initiate and maintain working relationships with all levels of staff and communicate well with parents. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a classroom setting.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information on the position is available by calling 708-393-6102.